Friday, February 11, 2011

Being Crafty...

 My car seat canopy/sneeze guard/I don't know you, so please don't touch my baby.
I think I'm going to slit it up the middle and add a button closure, so it will breathe better.  I am also going to add flowers to the handle ties.  I'll get to it eventually.
 My first ever attempt at a pillowcase dress.  I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt.  The green bias tape around the armholes was a pain in the behind, but it really added a lot to the dress I think.
 My lollitop hat for Annabelle.  I saw these advertised for $29.99 the other day.  I literally made this in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby.  Added bonus, it can be used as a purse as well as a hat.
 I finally finished Tyler's tie shirt.  You can't see it really well, but I used my sewing machine to do an embroidery like stitch around the tie.  I usually do it by hand, so I was proud of how well it turned out on my first trial run using the machine.  It was a heck of a lot easier too.
 This is a messy bag for my diaper bag.  It's lined with vinyl, so that I can put wet clothes and whatnot in it.  This way my diaper bag hopefully won't smell like various yucky baby liquids.  I suggest looking at this one pretty quickly.  It's kinda crooked, but my machine decided it wanted to go on strike while I was making this.  It was a fight to the bitter end. 
An inside view of the messy bag.  This is also my first attempt at sewing on Velcro.  

No comments:

Post a Comment