Thursday, August 18, 2011

Everybody Else's Mother

Colin: Mommy, will you start putting napkins in my lunch and writing messages on them like everybody else's mother?

Darn that everybody else's mother. That woman's on top of everything.

She apparently:

Never runs out of staples like I did this afternoon. Poor Colin's going to have to suffer through the indignity of asking to use his teacher's stapler tomorrow to staple his homework.

Is never late to the bus stop. How is it that our bus driver, who is never at our house before 8:00 am, was already gone when we got to the bus stop at 7:52?

Has lunch with her child everyday. Not going to happen.

Is always first in car pool line. I'm not sure how this is even possible.

Let's her children stay up as late as they want. I'm sure she also let's them eat cupcakes for dinner and wash them down with Mountain Dew.

I am sure I will continue to walk in the footsteps of everybody else's mother for the duration of my career as a mother. I have resigned myself to never being quite as talented, fair, or cool as everybody else's mother is. I mean after all, someone has to be the meanest mother on the block.


-A Memory Made

No comments:

Post a Comment