Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our Baby




Before Annabelle was born, I often worried about how jealous the boys would be of their new baby sister. Baby sister is now 11 weeks old, and I can't recall any real jealousy issues. In fact, we often experience just the opposite issue. The boys get irritated with me when I have the nerve to let Annabelle entertain herself for more than a second. I don't know how many times Tyler has given me a very disapproving glare and informed me, "our baby has a mad face mommy. She looks like she's gonna cry. I think you need to give her the boobie right now".

In this household, Annabelle is "our baby". The boys delight in being a part of each of her firsts. "Mommy, wait! We want to watch you put her in her bumbo seat for the first time". "Mommy, can I please change her diaper?"

I thought that by now the newness would have worn off, but Colin and Tyler seem to fall more and more in love with their baby sister each and every day. They are both like little first time parents. They relish every opportunity to spend time with her, and they brag to anyone who will listen about how wonderful she is.

Today I asked Tyler who's baby Annabelle is. "She's my baby mommy. And Colin's, and yours, and Daddy's baby. She's all of our baby". What a lucky little girl. "Our baby", indeed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment